Salah Tawfik Elementary and Middle School are proud to offer a full-time Hifz Program for students who would like to memorize the Quran with Tajweed. The curriculum integrates intensive Hifz instruction with core curriculum academics.
Pre-requisites for the Hifz Program are as follows:
- We accept both boys and girls from Grades 4-8
- Student must have As or A&B letter grades in all subjects
- The student should be well versed in reciting the Quran and should have the ability to retain memorized sections.
- Student should have the capacity to memorize at least one page a day
- Admission is based on teacher’s assessment of the student. The probationary period is 90 days.
- Hifz students will be evaluated annualy for their performance of Hifz and academics.
Becoming a Hafiz takes lots of hard work and dedication from both the student as well as the parents. It depends on the student’s skills and their motivation for memorizing the Quran. We can’t place an exact time frame on how long it will take to become a Hafiz. Some students may take less than one year to memorize the Quran, while some students may take up to three to four years. Our goal is to help the student memorize the Quran in a way which they may never forget it.